NAMI Kentucky is pleased to announce we will be launching a new NAMI signature program: NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza. This is one of our 6 new programs offered this year. Read more below to learn about the Compartiendo Esperanza program: Lack of information and misconceptions surrounding mental health issues prevent many members of the Latino community from getting the help and support they need. NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza is a bilingual 90-minute presentation that can help increase mental health awareness in Latino communities by addressing a number of important topics:
- The signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and depression
- How to talk about mental health and decrease stigma
- An overview of recovery and how it’s possible
- The types of mental health services and supports available, including NAMI education and support programs
What’s Included in the Presentation?
- A presenter team made up of two individuals-a person living with a mental health condition and a family member of a person with a mental health condition.
- A scripted 90-minute interactive dialogue centered on the presenters’ personal connections to mental health and journeys to recovery.
- A bilingual handout for presentation audiences, There Is No Health Without Mental Health. This educational booklet provides mental health information through personal stories and highlights how and where to find help.
- Detailed guides, checklists, practice sheets and other materials (available in English and Spanish) to help you make community connections and plan a successful presentation.
The tools and resources in NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza are all modifiable, so they can be adapted to fit your needs and resources.
The dates and times of this training are TBA. We are accepting names, phone numbers, and email addresses of those who are interested in being a NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza Presenter. More details to come in April! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register today!
Click here to share the NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza Flyer